Micahel Chen

Go down

Micahel Chen

Post  Michael Chen on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 am

Needed Information
Personal
Name:Michael “Mike” Chen
Home Planet:Londinum
Appearance: Mike is on the shorter side standing at 5’5”, He has dark brown almost black hair that lately he’s taken to letting get wild and unmanageable. Mike also has the rough beginning of a beard. He has a rather slender build and a tan complexion. Mike prefers simple clothing choices and usually wears a solid color shirt and pants.

Identity Marks:Nothing especially remarkable about him
Height & Weight:5’4”, 120 lbs

Personality: Mike projects a cheery and upbeat exterior. He loves making people smile, it’s what drove him to become a performer. Mike has very little confidence himself but he hides it with humor. He’s very resilient to folks making fun of him. However, because of this he often crosses lines he didn’t know existed when he’s joking around with others. He’s a bit of a coward and prefers to talk his way out of a fight then exchange words...or bullets.

Brief History:
Mike was born on Londinum. His father was a wealthy government official. Mike grew up in the lap of luxury. His dad made sure they had plenty of cash and that Mike was sent to the best schools, often it was their money and not Mike’s mind that got him into such institutions, while his mother made sure he was a cultured and civilized young man by taking him to the art museums and the theatre. It was there that Mike fell in love.

The lights, the stage, the music. It was beauty beyond compare to him. He began to audition for school shows. It was through these small productions that he noticed he had quite the talent for acting and singing. His father had written his love of theatre off as a phase, something that the lad would grow out of when he got older. Mike never did grow out of his love for theatre though.

After Mike graduated high school his father asked him his plans for the world. When he responded that he was going to pursue his dream of performing his father calmly gave him an option. Seek out a more practical trade or get out of his house. He began looking for apartments with the rather large sum of money he received as graduation presents. He was forced to take two jobs in order to pay his rent, one was as a tour guide and the other was waiting tables at a high class restaurant. He spent the better part of the next two years working and sleeping. Mike auditioned for show after show but got rejected unexpectedly each time. He began to suspect that his father may have had a hand in greasing director’s palms in an attempt to force him back home.

The rejections took their toll on Mike and he stopped caring. He let his hair grow out and stopped shaving. There was no use impressing directors that were just going to reject him anyway. One day he looked at himself in the mirror and realized that he’d fallen and it was only a matter of time before he’d go too far down this rabbit hole. He decided that he needed a change. He sold most of his belongings for a fare to anywhere but here. He was determined to make his big break or at the very least just perform at some bar on some outer planet.

Main Skills Singing, acting, and his quick wits

Optional Information
Personal Item: Just a suitcase of clothes
Own Weapon: None
General Skills: A gifted actor he also has a bit of a silver tongue and can lie or bluff his way out of, and in a great deal of cases, into trouble.

Needed Information
General
Real Name/Nationality: Bill/American
Do you agree to the rules of this site: Yep.
Do you agree to the M-15 Rating of the site:Yep.
Role Playing Experience: Four or five years.
Role Play Example:

”And up ahead we have the Blue Sun Corp. Headquarters. I’m afraid that there will be no recording devices allowed while we are in the Blue Corp. Building. If you have any such devices please shut them off at this time,” Mike said imitating a boring tour guide the best he could to provoke a couple laughs. The folks on the shuttle shuffled with their belongings turning off their electronics and stuffing them in their bags. There was a familiar beeping from his personal Cortex Terminal.
”Pardon me folks I’ll be just a moment.” Mike walked behind the shuttle for a bit of privacy. It was looking like they actually called him back. This could be his chance to get away from the mobs of tourists and the god-awful job he had as a server. Things were finally starting to look up. He answered the call with a big grin on his face.
”Greetings, Mike Chen. I am calling to inform you that you were not chosen to be a part of our cast... The robotic voice blathered on but Mike ignored it.
”What kind of Feh Feh Pi Goh(Baboon’s ass crack) calls an actor back to tell him they didn’t make it?” Mike thought bitterly. He took a deep breath and put on a fake smile before heading back to the group of tourists.
”Sorry about that little interruption. Now if you’ll all follow me into the building we’ll continue our tour.”
Are you a member of any of the Linked sites:No
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Micahel Chen

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 am

I approve. Adorkable character - and we could probably use his acting talents on a job or ten.

Two more approvals and you're in. Smile

Female Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

Never needed the multi-approvals before....I like it.
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Really good character here. I guess you would like him to join the Nightfall crew then. So thats two. I'll bug Amanda to post. lol You should be approved by the end of the week. The only point I will point out is that you need a picture of your avatar up buddy. Apart from that its great.

Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile http://firefly.simulationboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Looks good to me too, you're approved

Admin

Female Number of posts : 144

View user profile http://miss-stabby.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Added the avatar to my profile and I would like to have Mike join Nightfall should they have a need and/or room for him.
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Thats fine mate. Go ahead, and join up just state that you have been with the group all along.

Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile http://firefly.simulationboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm

In case you're not sure where to jump in, here are the two current threads you can dive into:

Bluewater board - Missing in Action. Just have Mike finding Katylinn & Amane or Marcus & Richie, and go along with whatever they're doing. Razz

Nightfall board - Where has all the rum gone? Jump in however you want Wink Everyone is chatting in the dining area.

Female Number of posts : 124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 am

Thank you all for your help. Smile
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee