Deep Space (or as close as we get)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Deep Space (or as close as we get)

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Space
Nightfall
Dining Area

She would have laughed if he hadn't looked genuinely horrified as he choked. Charlie was even nice enough to go and get him a glass of water to help ease the burn of the brandy. Once he was okay enough to talk, he did. Then Charlie laughed.

"You ah what?"

"It's just a digital record. We don't even have to talk to each other afterwards. What's the problem?" she asked, genuinely miffed. Looking between them, she rolled her eyes. "It's not even legally binding, really. Once I ditch this identity, you're instantly unmarried again. I've done it before, a time or five."

[Tag]

Female Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykob on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Space
Nightfall
Dining Area

Jaykob's horror mounted when Charlie laughed at him. Almost afraid to see the First Mate's reaction, he looked to her nonetheless for help. Seeing his look mirrored in her face he felt a sense of relief. Am I that repugnant? thought hit him out of nowhere upon seeing Katylinn's disgusted look. He gulped down the glass of water that had appeared in front of him and only half heard as Charlie tried to justify it. "I'll do it" he said in a barely audible voice, his eyes not leaving his glass of water. Ha, bet she didn't expect that he thought to himself triumphantly as he looked up at Charlie, mischief in his eyes. "I had better get my marital benefits too"

Tag
Jaykob
Private
Private

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 pm

Space
Nightfall
Dining Area

"I'll do it"/"I had better get my marital benefits too"

"What? Me not braining you with a clawhammer in your sleep? Consider it done." It was surprising that he agreed to it so easily. It saved her the trouble of trying to find some visitor from the core worlds to try and convince, though, so she wouldn't complain. Now there was just the issue of convincing the Captain that a trip that close to the core was a good idea. If anything, they'd stop a ways out and she'd catch a ride on a transport. Or something. It wasn't a flawless plan, but they could think it over for a few months. "We'll have to go somewhere reputable to actually get married, of course. I'll think on it."

She poured herself a glass of brandy, snagged a few cookies, and got up to head to her quarters to relax. Maybe this time without any disturbances. Maybe.

[Tag: any]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Space
Nightfall
Dining Area

Katylinn felt her breath catch as Charlie proposed to Jaykob. Marriage of convenience or no, the man was not right in the head. She did not realise that she had been holding her breath, a look of complete and utter horror frozen on her face until Charlie swept from the room. She shot a look of death to Jaykob before she hastily stood and chased after Charlie.

She caught up with her as Charlie was about to enter her quarters and stopped just short of grabbing her arm and spinning her around. "What the Gorram hell do you think you're doing? With him of all people? Have you completely lost your mind?" she blurted out, her hands clenched by her sides; one hand subconsciously on the pistol grip of her falcata.

Tag

Admin

Female Number of posts : 144

View user profile http://miss-stabby.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Space
Nightfall
Dining Area

Charlie wasn't surprised that someone else wanted to talk to her - it seemed like today would not be a day of silent relaxation. Oh, joy. She turned to see what Katy wanted; it seemed like she just wanted to rant. Why, Charlie couldn't fathom.

"What's the problem? It's fake. It's not like I actually want him as a husband. I don't thinkl anyone would want him as a husband," she cracked a smile and shrugged.

[Tag]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Space
Nightfall
Charlie's Quarters

Katlinn shook her head with incredulity. "But Druitt, surely you have more taste than that. I understand the motivation, but really, we're not quite that destitute just yet." Katylinn said, trying to moderate her tone. She was no fool, she knew that it was not a legitimate marriage, and even see the benefits his qualifications could give. It was just the man was that abhorrent to her that it boggled her mind that Charlie could even consider him, the logicial choice he was. "This had better be one air tight Gorram job, Charlie. If its not...." she said, her voice trailing off. She was never good at voicing the exact nature her threat would take, but the promise was there.

Tag

Last edited by Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

"Tzao-gao! Do you think I give a damned about any job? I'm homesick. I hate the Alliance, and I hate Blue Sun, but I still have ties back there." She set the glass of brandy down by the hatch to her room, and moved closer to Katy, getting up in her face. "And threatening me again, Mersah? You really shouldn't make a habit of it. I can't help it if I'd rather be around him than you."

[Tag]

Last edited by Charlie Cordoy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters

Katylinn shook her head, "I can understand the homesickness, kind of. I even understand your hatred of Blue Sun and the Alliance. But marrying him? That is nothing to do with homesickness and you Gorram know it" she said her voice shrill with anger. Katylinn stood her ground as Charlie got up in her face. "That has nothing to do with this and you Gorram know it, excuse me", she growled in a dangerously low voice. She turned on her heel and crossed the corridor into her own quarters and closing the door firmly. She took the switchblade from under her pillow and began to spin the blade along her hands to try and calm herself down.

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

Laughing incredulously, Charlie just stood there in the corridor. What the hell would she know? Some girl from the rim planets who always had free reign to do whatever the hell she pleased. It was infuriating.

"They caught me once before, you know," she called, not really caring who heard. They all had too many secrets, anyway. "Before I started finding ways to throw them off. They caught me going in. Woke up a few days later, picture perfect life, job - they'd even given me a husband and a backstory to fill in where I'd been the last couple years. They tagged me so I couldn't get out of the city. I had to cut a gorram tracker out of myself. Those people hate losing anything that's even remotely useful to them, but if I wanna go home, they're a necessary evil. That's where men like Jaykob come in."

[Tag]

Last edited by Charlie Cordoy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters

Katylinn banged her head against the wall as she heard Charlie call out after her. Sighing in defeat, as she suspected she would from her first outburst, she set the knife back under her pillow, opened the door and leaned against you. "At least they gave you a new life. Why didn't you stick with it? I mean you miss that life so much? Why escape it, to live like this. It obviously makes you miserable", she asked quietly, her eyes conveying an apology for her harsh words. "You know I'll do what I can. Even if it means tearing apart the Alliance" she said with a wry grin.

Tag

Last edited by Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

She wasn't entirely surprised when the hatch opened and Katylinn climbed up the steps. "I love this life. I just have ties back home, know people who can't leave. I'm not going to ditch them for this. And besides, there are some pretty good jobs going. Sure, some of it is people smuggling, but you telling me you wouldn't want to make a fortune inside of a weeks work, if you could?" She picked up her brandy, kicking open the hatch for her room to climb inside. "And for the record, it wasn't a life, it was a role. I'd much rather pick my own fake husband."

[Tag]

Last edited by Charlie Cordoy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters

Katylinn shrugged. "I never had that. I mean I grew up on the streets. As for not leaving people; I never left anyone behind in the war. I had to kill them, the first person I ever dared call friend. I had to kill because they had been taken by the Alliance and were going to betray us. My entire team, I barely escaped. Believe me, I understand your sentiments. But you have whatever I can do. Seriously, put me to work, I'll do what I can." Katylinn implored. She had seen enough of Charlie's independant nature to know that she needed to offer and make sure that she knew that she had poeple to rely on. She chuckled at Charlie's last statement, "Yeah well there is that; no accounting for taste though".

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

"Yeah well there is that; no accounting for taste though".

Charlie smiled a little and shook her head. "Why do you hate him so much? He's an egotistical ass, sure, but he's good looking, and I bet he's kinda sweet." She picked up her brandy and took a sip, savouring the light burn. "And let's face it - if there has to be any kind of convenience with anyone, a good looking guy is always the best bet."

[Tag]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

Linn chuckled and shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Its not him specifically, though his personality does have something to do with it. It.." she trailed off and sighed before gritting her teeth and continuing. "After the war, the survivors of Serenity Valley were taken of course. Some had a reprieve of sorts, like the Captain; where the prison transport was set upon by Reavers. I however, was taken for interrogation by the Alliance. They took pleasure from.... Conducting experiements. The doctors, quite honestly, were more twisted than the interrogators. Needless to say, I've not had much faith in their profession ever since" she said, her eyes on the wall above Charlie's head. She forced a light smile on her face and chuckled, "as for convenience, he's not my ty[e"

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor

"After the war, the survivors of Serenity Valley were taken of course..."/"as for convenience, he's not my type"

"It must have been bad if Reavers are seen as reprieve," Charlie said dryly. She gave a sympathetic half-smile. "I'm not saying it wasn't bad but it wasn't him. And 'sides, you survived. That counts for a lot." She gestured for them to head back towards the dining room. The seating area just off it would be a lot more comfortable for them to sit and chat. "And not even for convenience? Really? You have high standards."

[Tag]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Space
Nightfall
Crew Quarters Corridor ----> Seating Area

Katylinn nodded her head solemnly, knowing that nothing more needed to be said. Katylinn gave a dry laugh, "Not as much as you'd think incidentally enough. But you're right, it wasn't him. So I'll do you a favour; I'll do my best to not slit his throat in his sleep" she said with a more genuine smile. Linn fell into step beside Charlie as they made their way through to the sitting area. Katylinn nodded her head with a grin, "Aye really. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, unless there was a knife attached to the end of it", she said with a chuckle and a somewhat wistful look.

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Space
Nightfall
Seating Area

"Aye really. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, unless there was a knife attached to the end of it"

Charlie grabbed a drink as they passed through the dining area, before settling onto one of the soft chairs in the seating area. She tucked her legs up underneath herself, getting comfy. The hum of the ship was more noticeable here; she liked it.

"Talk about being picky," she said dryly. "He looks like he'd be good, seems the type to have enough practise. On the other hand, choices on this ship come down to a crazy captain, an annoying pilot and a celibate preacher. Rock and hard place, much?"

[Tag]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Space
Nightfall
Seating Area

Linn sat opposite Charlie, a drink of water in her hand. The gentle thrumm of the engine soothed her hectic mind and she took a moment to revel in the calming effect it had before she tuned into what Charlie was saying. "I have fewer options than that. But you are right, we are severly limited on this here " she said lowering her eyes to take a sip of water.

She drank down the rest of the water and set the glass back on the small table between them, twisting it around in her fingers, "I still think that there'd have to be a better alternative". she said with a small shake of her head.

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Space
Nightfall
Seating Area

"Given the options, of course there's a better alternative. Can't wait for our next shore leave." She purposefully avoided the subtext in Katy's words. Truth is she probably wouldn't go near any of the crew - that always got messy.

Downing her drink, she got up to get the bottle. "You play cards? I'm itching to win some money off someone."

[Tag]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Space
Nightfall
Seating Area

Katylinn smiled and saluted Charlie with her empty glass of water. "Lets hope it was Gorram better than the last one", Linn said with a wry smile. She smiled and stood as well, going around to get some snacky nibbles from one of the storage units and pouring them into a bowl in the middle of the table. "I'm a smuggler and Brown-coat, of course I play cards", Linn said with a roguish grin, snagging the bottle from Charlie and filling both their glasses. "So name your poison" she said as she set the bottle down between them.

Tag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: